OWLCafé | Make Decisions
The following list is taken from the Official Social Security Adminstration website. Click on the topic of interest to you and be taken to that page at socialsecurity.gov.
- Get or replace a Social Security card
- Apply online for retirement benefits
- Apply online for disability benefits
- Apply online for Medicare
- Apply for SSI, survivors or family benefits
- Estimate your retirement benefits
- Login or get a password
- Get Extra Help with Medicare prescription drug costs
- Learn what you can do online
- Check your application status
- Services for people currently receiving benefits
- Get a form
- Get a publication
- Appeal a disability decision online
- Locate a Social Security office
USA.gov - The U.S. Government's Official Web Portal for all government transactions, services, and information. It provides direct online access to federal, state, local, and tribal governments.
Benefits.gov - Benefits.gov is a partnership of many Federal agencies and organizations with a shared vision - to provide improved, personalized access to government benefit programs.
Regulations.gov - Regulations.gov is your source for U.S. government regulations and related documents. On this site you can find, read and comment on documents. Share your knowledge and make your voice count.
MyMoney.gov - MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics about financial education.
Impact of Social Security, State-by-State - In some states, Social Security payments are a large portion of total personal income. In others, it is tiny. And the proportions change depending on whether you live in an urban or a rural county.
Alliance for Retired Americans - The mission of the Alliance for Retired Americans is to ensure social and economic justice and full civil rights for all citizens so that they may enjoy lives of dignity, personal and family fulfillment and security.